Jeff Debraal has agreed to run the tourney for us.
His decisions are final - whiners will be taken out and shot!
To Win Red October:
The winner will be undefeated and have completed six games.
All other places will be determined by record. In case of ties, by difficulty of
To be on pace:
Game 1 completed before 7:00pm Friday
Game 2 completed before 8:00am Saturday
Game 3 completed before 1:00pm Saturday
Game 4 completed before 6:00pm Saturday
Game 5 must be started by 7:00pm Saturday
Game 6 must be started by 10:00am Sunday.
Anyone who has not completed 4 games by 6:00pm on Saturday will be out of the
running, regardless of record. While you are undefeated, you should limit your
games to a maximum of 5 hours. Either player may request a ruling from the TD at the
end of 5 hours of play. Try very hard not to put me into that position.
1. In all cases, you must play someone with the same number of losses as yourself.
2. Someone you haven't played before.
3. Someone you haven't played very much.
1. Bring 3 scenarios to the table.
2. Veto two of your opponent's choices.
3. Choose between remaining two scenarios by mutual agreement or random.
4. Choose sides by mutual agreement or random.
The best way to choose sides is for each player to place one squad of the side they
want in their hand and then reveal them at the same time. If they are different, then
sides are chosen; if they are the same, then roll for side. Remember, you need to
choose a scenario that you both can finish in under 5 hours.
Rules in Effect:
Errata from the '96 annual, '97 annual, J1, AP1, and AP2 are in effect as well as
'87, '89, '90, '91, '92, '98, and '99 errata pages. The Reverse Motion Optional Rule (F.11)
is in effect.Go Home